The Lincoln Electric Weld PAK 125 HD wire-feed welder is Lincolns answer for all entry-level welders who are looking for lower output currents at an affordable price.
With an amperage range from 30 up to 125 amps, the Weld Pak 125 HD is a light to medium-duty flux-cored wire-feed welder. It is suited for hobbyists and average welders who need to weld steel up to 5/16 inch.
The Lincoln Electric Weld Pak 125 HD is a wire-feed MIG welder capable of flux-cored wire welding.
Lincoln Electric Weld Pak 125 HD Wire-Feed Welder
- Plugs into household 115V outlet, 30-125 Amp welding output range
- Weld up to 5/16 in. mild steel flux-cored wire without gas
- Portable, lightweight and easy to use
Lincoln Weld-Pak 125HD – video review
Take a peek at the following video to get a better impression of the quality and features of the device.back to menu ↑
The Weld-Pak 125HD (Product K2513-1) is a 125 V wire-feed welder for flux-cored wire welding. It is a lightweight, portable machine for typical steel welding.
With its output current of 30 A – 125 A, it provides enough power for most welding tasks around the house and smaller repair works.
In detail, it has the following specifications:
- Duty cycle 20% @ 90 A (19 VDC) (= 2 minutes welding, 8 minutes resting when welding with 90 A rated power)
- Input voltage: 120VAC ( 20 amps)
- Output welding current range: 30 A – 125 A
- Infinite wire feed speed control 50 – 500 IPM (inch per minute)
- Voltage control with 4 different positions (A, B, C, D)
- Weight: 49 lb (22.5 kg)
Read also: Hobart Handler 140 MIG welderback to menu ↑
Weld Pak 125HD – welding performance
When you lift the door to the wire feed, there is a chart inside the door that tells you which settings you need to choose. Depending on your weld-wire diameter and the thickness of your steel sheet it tells you which feed speed and voltage level to choose. Additionally, there is also a storage chamber for your tips and nozzles inside.
The machine is capable of flux cored welding (FCAW) of steel.back to menu ↑
Lincoln Weld Pak 125HD – pros and cons
- Smooth arc starts with minimal spatter
- 30-125 amp is sufficient for most welding tasks
- Brass-to-brass gun connection for good conductivity
- Cast aluminum gear drive for quiet operation and longevity
On the downside, this welder can only be used with 230 V power and not with standard 110 V wall outlet. Because of the high weight of 185 lb, it is quite a heavy machine that you can only move around because it comes premounted on rollers.
- Only flux-cored welding possible (No MIG welding)
- No aluminum or stainless steel welding
Lincoln Weld Pak 125HD – Summary
The Weld Pak 125HD is a real workhorse, because it is well suited for shop, farm and home use.
With a welding power of 30-125 amps, it is an entry-level machine at an affordable price.
Image Credits: http://www.lincolnelectric.com
With a weld power of 30-125 amps the Lincoln Weld Pak 125HD is an entry-level machine at an affordable price.