With the right welding equipment, your job can be more than a passion.
Among protection gear, Jackson welding helmets are worth a closer look.
Jackson Safety is a well-known manufacturer of welding equpiment.
They’ve been manufacturing safety glasses, gloves, helmets and respirators for several years.
Many people say, Jacksons’ welding helmets provide enhanced sight capabilities and a good through vision.
Before we present you the list of Jackson welding helmets below, you can read why it makes sense to get a solid welding visor and what to look for before making a decision.
Why buy a welding helmet?
During welding, it is crucial to protect your head and neck from hot spatter, liquid drops of metal and UV light. Without additional protection clothing, welding helmets provide better safety than welding goggles because they cover more parts of your face.
Ok so far, but how to choose the right welding helmet?
How to choose the right welding helmet?
Choose a design that suits you best
Because welding is more than a profession, your style and gear will represent you as a real guy who does his job. Often you can choose between looks like:
- USA style stars & stripes
- Skulls & bones
- Hot flames design
Consider auto-darkening technology
First, you need to think if you’d like to invest in an upper-class technology like an auto-darkening welding helmet. With an auto-darkening filter (ADF) attached to your welding helmet, your lens will automatically darken when the sensor detects the initial arc flashing up. Find out more about ADFs at the inventors web site Optrel.
Jackson Safety uses innovative ADFs from its partner Balder.
Generally, ADF provides more safety, quicker work speed and a higher comfort. Additionally, you can say that your work quality will increase because you do not need to handle your helmet and your sight is improved.
Also read: Top custom and cool welding helmets.
Below is an overview of welding masks from Jackson for you.
Top Jackson welding helmets
With the W10 series, Jackson offers a passive welding helmet (=no ADF included), that has a good fit and is in the lower price range.
The Jackson W10 meets ANSI Z87.1-2010 standards, integrates a standard shade 10 filter and is ultra-lightweight.
Because of the weight of only 6 ounces, you can wear it all day long without neck pain. Additionally, when you work on a construction site that requires wearing a hard hat, the Jackson welding helmet W10 HLX is adaptable also to hard hats.
According to Jackson, the W10 welding helmet is ideal for students, hobbyists and inspectors.
- The Jackson Safety Fixed Shade Welding Helmet (W10 HSL 100) features a narrow shell design that's perfect for work in tight spaces
- The welding mask has an extended front, which increases throat protection from sparks, slag, fumes and other physical hazards
Jackson W40 Insight – Black
The Jackson W40 Insight is a variable auto darkening welding helmet. To suit your weld application, you can adjust your lens shade from 9 to 13. Two batteries of the type CR2450 are integrated.
Moreover, you can adjust sensor sensitivity and the ADF delay time.
4 independent auto auto dimming sensors and two different modes (welding, grinding) are a pretty good deal on this low priced ADF helmet.
According to the manufacturer, you can use it for MIG welding, TIG welding as well as for arc welding and grinding.
- This quality lens gives you a variable shade (9-13), wide viewing area (3.93" x 2.36"), sensitivity and delay adjustments, four (4) independent auto dimming sensors and easy-to-use digital controls
- Choose from grind and weld modes (use it for mig welding, tig welding and arc welding) on this value-centric welding mask
Jackson W40 Insight – Stars & Scars
This is almost the same helmet as described already above. To enhance your style and express your patriotism you can choose this “Stars & Scars” styled helmet.
Jackson Safety Insight Variable Auto Darkening Welding Helmet (46130), HaloX, ADF, Arc Angel Graphic
- Variable shade 9-13
- Viewing area of 3.93" x 2.36" offers un-obstructive view during all stages of welding process without lifting hood
- Easy to use digital controls
- Sensitivity and delay adjustments for different tasks and durations
Jackson WH70 – BH3
The Jackson BH3 is another auto darkening welding helmet.
In detail, the ADF has a variable shade ranging from 9 to 13 and you can adjust sensitivity and delay according to your weld task. Thanks to the aerodynamic designed front shield fog and heat will reflect much better than on other helmets.
It has a switching time of 0,15 ms and is solar powered which means there is no need to add batteries or recharge it.
Of course, this piece of equipment meets ANSI/ISEA Z87.1+2010 standards.
Additionally, it comes with three headgear adjustments for different tasks and welders.
Jackson Safety WH70 BH3 Helmet - Variable Auto-Darkening Filter with Balder Technology (2/Pack) - R3-37191
- Features superior angle of view, enhanced visibility and color recognition, variable Shade 9-13, adjustable sensitivity and opening time delays.
- Curved front cover plate offers reduced heat build-up, reflections and fogging.
Jackson WH70 – BH3 PAPR
The Jackson WH70 welding helmet is an even more improved auto darkening welding helmet with an external knob to change your shade without removing the helmet. Of course, you can also adjust switching delays, too.
Additionally attached is the Airmax Elite powered air purifying respirator (PAPR).
The PAPR welding mask helps you to breathe clean air during welding.
The respirator provides you with a constant air flow. Thanks to vibrating and sound signals you will get noticed when it is time to change the air filter or batteries.
Take a closer look:
- BH3 Air welding helmet features variable auto darkening filter with Balder Technology. The Balder Technology provides superior optical viewing clarity from any angle along with one of the largest ADF viewing area of 3.78" x 2.70"